Tuesday, March 9, 2010

IN THE VALLEY WITH US

Good morning, Friends/Family!!

Two songs that I hope/pray speak to you just when you need them the most: :)


After a painful break-up years and years ago, I heard this song and it really spoke to me.
At the time, I had a small crush on Bebo... He said that although he wanted to be married, he wanted to trust God with that endeavor
and chose to date Jesus. He's now married. God is faithful. After marrying he wrote, "Nothing Without You" as a prayer to God. He
confessed that although he loved his wife, his music, etc. that the only Person that truly filled Him up in the deepest places was God/Jesus.
After waiting and praying, God brought an amazing man into my life. One who was more than I prayed for: He loves God more than he does me...
And that is what holds us together.
Bebo Norman The Hammer Holds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlmcELauMk

A shapeless piece of steel, that`s all I claim to be
This hammer pounds to give me form, this flame, it melts my dreams
I glow with fire and fury, as I`m twisted like a vine
My final shape, my final form I`m sure I`m bound to find

So dream a little, dream for me in hopes that I`ll remain
And cry a little, cry for me so I can bear the flames
And hurt a little, hurt for me my future is untold
But my dreams are not the issue here, for thee, the hammer holds

And the water, it cools me gray, and the hurt`s subdued somehow
I have my shape, this sharpened point, what is my purpose now?
And the question still remains, what am I to be?
Perhaps some perfect piece of art displayed for all to see

So dream a little, dream for me in hopes that I`ll remain
And cry a little, cry for me so I can bear the flames
And hurt a little, hurt for me my future is untold
But my dreams are not the issue here, for thee, the hammer holds

The hammer pounds again, but flames I do not feel
This force that drives me, helplessly, through flesh, and wood reveals
A burn that burns much deeper, it`s more than I can stand
The reason for my life was to take the life of a guiltless man

So dream a little, dream for me in hopes that I`ll remain
And cry a little, cry for me so I can bear the pain
And hurt a little, hurt for me, my future is so bold
But my dreams are not the issue here, for thee, the hammer holds

This task before me may seem unclear
But it, my maker holds


Ginny Owens :: If You Want Me To
http://ginnyowens.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q8pWgDsv1E
The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
And I dont know the reason why you brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I will go through the valley
If You want me to

CHORUS:
Now I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise
You're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to You
I will go through the fire
If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my own
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'll never go alone

So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley
If You want me to


This song ministered to me at the same time as "The Hammer Holds." Per her biography:

*Born and raised in Jackson, Miss., Owens was discovering melodies on the piano almost before she could complete a sentence. Sunday school songs and common childhood tunes began to emerge from her fingers even as vision began to leave her eyes. By the age of three, a degenerative eye condition left Ginny completely blind. Despite her physical challenge, music just made sense to her, quickly becoming a lifeline for both understanding and communication. Songs provided a window into a world Ginny couldn’t see, but they also offered an outlet for her to express her own thoughts, dreams and questions.
What I LOVE about this song is that it helps me not to lose heart. <3 God knows that the heart is extremely valuable...He encourages us throughout His Word to "not lose heart" but to come to Him (all who are weary and heavy laden) and cast our/give Him our cares and anxieties. Why? Because He cares for us (1 Peter 5:7). I had gotten myself into a huge pit when I heard this song... and saw Jesus picking me up and out of it. His love overwhelmed me and yet I was struggling to learn to live without that pit. It felt like a valley... lonely at times, painful, and sometimes pretty downright miserable. Yet, His love is what drew me to Him and the desire to be free. I pray that this song helps you through whatever trial you find yourself in...going through. As Beth Moore reminds, with God these trials are tunnels...not caves. He walks WITH US through them and uses them. Nothing is ever in vain. Much love, Mer.

No comments:

Post a Comment